Free help is available, whether you are looking for sources of student aid, completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or completing the application for admission.
Be aware that there are Financial Aid Scams out there! General rule of thumb: If there is any cost attached to the program, it's a scam.
The following sources are willing to assist high school students and their families in learning more about financial aid, scholarship sources, and college admissions process
- High School Counselor - We will guide you to resources for free services
- Financial Aid Officers - Talk to the financial aid office at the college you are considering or plan to attend
- College Information Centers - UW HELP is a great resource for you college planning
Financial aid is broken down into 3 categories
- Work study
- Grants (Scholarships)
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available in January. Forms may not be sent until after the first of the year. The FAFSA is strongly encouraged to complete online.
To obtain information on student aid for college and completing the FAFSA contact FSAIC at 800-4FED-AID (800-433-3243)
Other websites that provide insightful information and helps you understand financial aid include:
- FinAid! - The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- NASFAA - National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrator
- UW Help - One stop shopping for information on admission, financial aid, scholarships, housing, credit transfers, majors and programs
In addition, Campbellsport High School has a Financial Aid Night for parents and students who are interested in learning more about ways to pay for college. This night is held in mid-January. For more information, please contact your school counselor.