Assessments are administered to evaluate student learning. They help teachers know when to provide more instruction or condense lessons. Assessments may differ by grade level, subject, or purpose. The assessments administered in the Campbellsport School District include:
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening (PALS) for grades 4K, K, 1
- Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment by Heinemann for grades K-8
- Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) Measuring Academic Progress (MAP) for grades K-10
- Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts (WKCE) for grades 3-8 and 10
- EXPLORE and PLAN http://www.act.org/explorestudent/tests/epas.html for grades 9 and 10
- ACT, Accuplacer, or Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) for grade 11 students
- Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State ACCESS for students whose first language is not English
Smarter Balanced Assessments in 2014-2015
All Wisconsin public school students in grades 3-8 and 11 will take the Smarter Balanced Assessments in English Language Arts and Mathematics during the 2014-2015 school year. Practice test questions are available for teachers, students, parents, and the public to experience the how to manipulate the online testing tools and to obtain insights of how the Smarter Balanced Assessments will evaluate each student’s mastery of the Common Core State Standards.
The scoring guides for the Smarter Balanced practice questions provide information about how the Smarter Balanced tests will be evaluated.