Voters Approve CMS-HS Facilities Referendum
Architectural rendering of new Campbellsport High School front entrance
THANK YOU to the Campbellsport School District community for approving the Nov. 8, 2016 referendum to remodel and rebuild Campbellsport Middle-High School and improve HVAC at Eden Elementary School. Unofficial vote results are 3,234 to 2,342 in favor. The district is gratified by the community support and will now work with the School Board and consultants to fine tune plans for spring bidding and future construction.
To best deliver high-quality, modern curricular programming in an aging high school - portions of which are more than 80 years old, the Campbellsport Board of Education is seeking voter approval on Nov. 8, 2016 to borrow up to $23.4 million to remodel and rebuild Campbellsport Middle-High School and improve HVAC at Eden Elementary School.
The Nov. 8, 2016 referendum ballot question seeks voter approval to borrow up to $23.4 million to make improvements and additions to the Campbellsport Middle-High School to include:
- Removing a portion of the building
- Constructing new classroom space and a gymnasium
- Remodeling existing classrooms
- Acquiring three parcels of property located at 110 W. Sheboygan Street and 315/317 and 325/327 N. Railroad Street adjacent to the Campbellsport Middle-High School site to expand that site to accommodate the improvements to the Campbellsport Middle-High School
- Improving the heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems at Eden Elementary School
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the Frequently Asked Questions link to learn more about MS-HS facilities needs and solutions proposed in the November 2016 referendum. Or read excerpts from the FAQ shown below.